Situational Leadership® is the most prevalent leadership system used in the world – and has been for over 50 years. The workshop is based on client feedback and research and offers a simple, but powerful model of how to assess a person’s readiness to perform a task, and then adapt the leadership style, to achieve top results.
At ACT One International Corporation, we combine this model with Everything DiSC® Management, which helps leaders adapt their communication, based on personality styles. So the SL model helps leaders determine “what” needs to be communicated to an individual (or team), and DiSC helps determine “how” to best communicate it.
Leaders will learn how to analyze each situation based on
- The readiness level a follower exhibits to perform a task
- The amount of guidance and direction needed
- The amount of socioemotional support needed
Four leadership competencies are developed:
- Diagnose – Understand the situation being influenced
- Adapt – Adjust behavior to match what is required
- Communicate – Interact in a manner that is accepted and understood
- Advance – Manage the progression or regression